3.8.08

THE SUMMER SCARF

It's summer, and now, it's August, so the temperature and the humidity will only get worse. I've been thinking about this for a while now. Just like a Starbucks on every corner, I see it every where I go. Scarves. What is going on with the spring/summer trend of wearing scarves? It's all over Los Angeles where its warm 90% percent of the time and it's all over New York City as well.  It is an accessory and some say it takes the place of wearing a necklace. Some say it gets cold indoors with the air conditioning constantly on high. I say it's hot enough with the heat and the humidity and if you decide to wear one then I hope you spend lots of time indoors.

1 comment:

dragonfly said...

Some fashion editors earlier declared 2008 the year of the scarf. I love it since I have been a scarf collector for some time now. Yes some people collect coins, some stamps, I collect scarves. And I wear them. The fact that they have become once again a trendy fashion item makes my day. I prefer silk, the soft caress against the skin, is a comfort thing for me. But when worn in certain ways they are actually cooling as they waft when you walk.